Subject: Dynamics of rare events

From: A J Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:20:33 +0100 (BST)

Hi!

I recently heard about the 'dynamics of rare events' where, given a 
knowledge of the position of a transition state, one could model a 
transition using dynamics.  This would be especially related to high 
energy barriers, where conventional dynamics would take an unbelievable 
long time to 'get round' to crossing the barrier.

Does anyone know some references for this work?  Has anyone had any 
success with it?

Thanks in advance.

Alex 

 -------------------------------------------------------------------
|Alexander J Turner         [email-masked]                  |
|Post Graduate              |http://www.bath.ac.uk/~chpajt/home.html|
|School of Chemistry        |+144 1225 8262826 ext 5137             |
|University of Bath         |                                       |
|Bath, Avon, U.K.           |Field: QM/MM modeling                  |
 -------------------------------------------------------------------