Subject: Post doc position available

From: Ralf I Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 16:15:46 -0700 (PDT)

ACADEMIA SINICA, INSTITUTE OF ATOMIC AND MOLECULAR SCIENCES
A post-doctoral position is open in the group of Prof. Y.T. Lee at the 
Institute of Molecular Sciences (IAMS) of Academia Sinica, Taiwan, ROC, in the
field of chemical reaction dynamics. Over the past three years, we have 
employed the crossed molecular beams technique to elucidate the chemical 
dynamics, energetics, and reaction products of C(3Pj) reactions with 
unsaturated hydrocarbons and hydrogen sulfide in extraterrestrial environments
 . Our investigations revealed that these atom - neutral reactions established 
a versatile route to form carbon-containing radicals in the interstellar 
medium (dark clouds and outflow of dying carbon stars), in atmospheres of 
Jupiter, Saturn and its moon Titan, Uranus, as well as Neptune, and after 
impact of comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 into the Jovian atmosphere. The prime 
directive of the new candidate is to extend these studies to explore the 
chemical dynamics of reactions involving boron and silicon atoms with closed 
shell molecules employing the crossed molecular beams technique. Energetic 
candidates should send inquiries prior to September 1, 1997 to: Dr. Ralf-I. 
Kaiser, Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley CA 94720, 
tel: 510-4865741, fax: 510-4865311, email: [email-masked]

******************************************************************************
*		Dr. Ralf-I. Kaiser					     *
*		Department of Chemistry					     *
*		University of California				     *
*		Berkeley, CA 94720					     *
*									     *
*		email: [email-masked]			     *
*		tel: (510)486-5741					     *
*		fax: (510)486-5311					     *
******************************************************************************