Subject: Announcing MacroModel 6.0

From: "Peter Shenkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:42:50 -0400

MacroModel 6.0 has been released.  Information is available at:

	http://www.columbia.edu/cu/chemistry/mmod/mmod.html

MacroModel is a general-purpose molecular modeling package developed
at Columbia University.  We support several force fields and a variety
of molecular-mechanics procedures.

Here are a few features that are new in Version 6.0:

	Manuals supplied in HTML as well as PostScript and hard-copy form.
	 HTML manuals can also be browsed at our WWW site.

	Support for some additional hardware options (newer 3D-graphics
	 boards under AIX, better R10000 optimization for SGI).

	MacroModel (GUI): Visualization of normal modes.  Interfaces
	 to several new computational procedures.  Enhancements to the
	 atom-set language.

	BatchMin (computational engine): Low-mode conformational search 
	 method of Istvan Kolossvary.  Fully frozen atoms.  Faster GB/SA
	 solvation calculations.  Generate normal-mode movies for
	 visualization.

	Xcluster (conformational cluster analysis): Average structures.
	 Write out Average, Representative or Superimposed conformations
	 for a single cluster (or all clusters) at any hierarchical 
	 clustering level.  Some new interactive features in the 
	 visualization tools.

Academic users may order using the on-line order form.

Enjoy!
-P.

-- 
************* "The past ain't what it used to be" (M. Reboul) *************
* Peter S. Shenkin; Chemistry, Columbia U.; 3000 Broadway, Mail Code 3153 *
** NY, NY  10027;  [email-masked];  (212)854-5143;  FAX: 678-9039 ***
*MacroModel WWW page: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/chemistry/mmod/mmod.html *