Subject: Chemical Structure Association Award (fwd)

From: Chuck Huber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 14:43:55 -0700 (PDT)

The following message is being posted to multiple listservs; please 
pardon any duplication.

=======================================================
CHEMICAL STRUCTURE ASSOCIATION  AWARD FOR US STUDENT

The Chemical Structure Association (CSA) is an international organisation
which aims to bring together people whose work involves the handling of
information about chemical structures.  Members of the CSA are interested
in all aspects of chemical structure information, including
molecular modelling, combinatorial chemistry, computer systems for
handling chemical structural information, chemical databases, online
systems, use of the Internet to access chemical information, and manual
and CD-ROM reference tools.

The CSA is offering an Award of 210 US dollars to assist a US student to
attend the Fall ACS meeting in Las Vegas.  Students may be undergraduate
or postgraduate, and should be specialising in some aspect of chemical
structure information handling.  Applicants must be students at the time
of application for the award, but need not necessarily be a student at the
time of the meeting.  The value of the award is equivalent to the full
registration fee for the meeting. 
 
Applications for the award should be sent, together with a supporting
reference, by 1 June 1997 (deadline extended) to:

Chuck Huber,  
Chairman of CINF Awards Committee, 
Davidson Library 
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106
 e-mail:  [email-masked]

Chuck Huber
Davidson Library
University of California Santa Barbara
[email-masked]