Subject: HyperChem, AM1 and Phosphorous-Oxygen Bonds

From: patrick kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 19:39:26 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

 On Page 122 of the HyperChem Computational Chemistry Manual, v. 4.0, it 
is stated that treatment of phosphorous-oxygen bonds with the AM1 
semi-empirical (SE) method is inaccurate.

 However, I cannot find a reference for this statement. Could someone 
please point me to an appropriate article.

 Furthermore, can anyone suggest what is the most appropriate SE method?

 Thanks in advance for any help.

 Kind Regards,
 Paddy.

*************************************************************************
*									*
*	Paddy Kane 			email: [email-masked]    * 
* 	School of Chemical Sciences 	  				*
*	Dublin City University 		  Tel: 00-353-1-7045641		*
*	Dublin 9			  				*
*	Ireland.			  Fax: 00-353-1-7045503		*
*									*
*************************************************************************