Subject: Answers for Benchmarks Gaussian94

From: Vansweevelt Hans <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 09:51:50 +0100 (NFT)

Hi,

  these are the answers I got about my question fot Gaussian Benchmarks.
Thanks to all people who answered me.

Hans Vansweevelt                      
Labo for Quantumchemistry             [email-masked]
Celestijnenlaan 200F                  Tel. : (32) 16 327595
B-3001 Heverlee                       Fax. : (32) 16 327992
Belgium

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Vansweevelt Hans wrote:

> Hi,
> 
>   does anyone has benchmark results for Gaussian94 running on different
> platforms ? Or can someone tell me where I can find relevant information ? I'm
> especially interested in DEC alphaserver, SGI powerchallenge and SUN
> HPC-systems. Comments on problems (or benefits) with Gaussian on those
> platforms are also welcome. 
> 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Hans,
I needed some similar information two years ago and wrote to dr.
D.F.Feller at Pacific Northwest Laboratory. They have a compendium of
benchmarks:
"The EMSL Ab initio Methodsa Benchmark Report: A measuree of Hardware and
software Performance in the Area of Electronic Structure Methods"
F.F.Feller, R.A.rendall and M.J.Brightman. 
Unfortunately I do not have at hand the e-mail address but you can write
to :
National Technical Information Service, 
U.S.Department of Commerce, 5285 Port Royla Rd, Springfield, VA 22161 or
to
Office of Scientific and Technical Information, P.O.Box 62, Oak Ridge,
TN 37831.
I have a copy of this report (DEC, SGI and SUN platforms included). If you
want, I could extract some of the results and send them by e-mail.
Best wishes, Ioan

Prof.dr. Ioan Silaghi-Dumitrescu
Department of Chemistry
Babes-Bolyai University
R-3400 Cluj-Napoca, Romania
e-mail:    [email-masked]
fax:       +40-64-190818
telephone: +40-64-193833 ext.16

---------------------------------------------------------------------