Subject: platforms and software

From: [email-masked] (Canping Pan)
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 22:49:48 +0900

Hi, CCL netters

We are planning to buy a computer and some software to do some QSAR and
Molecular Modeling work for small organic compounds. Our  budget is around
1,000,000 Yen(Japanese yen). We current use a PowerMac CAChe system, while
we want to do more complicated and fast calculation. So what puzzled us are
which platform will be the best choice and what kind of softwares are
suitable. Will a Unix or Win95 interface be preferrable to Mac? How about
SYBYL, Gaussian94 and Spartan?  If win95 is our choice, then what's your
recommendatoins of the softwares?

Thanks very much for your help.

Please contact us at: 
---------------------------------
Canping Pan
E-mail: [email-masked]
Tel: 092-611-7122(H)
       092-642-2858(O)
Fax: 092-642-2864
http://133.5.200.42/pan.html

Department of Agricultural Chemistry
Faculty of Agriculture
Kyushu University　46-02
Fukuoka 812
Japan
----------------------------------