Subject: another type of discussion in CCL

From: "Hui-Hsu (Gavin) Tsai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 09:30:01 -0500

Dear CCLers:

    I have one suggestion about the type of discussions in CCL.
If we can post research results on CCL, then it may work like
the electric conference. Based on that, everyone can focus on  
interesting research topics and can have deeper discussion.
I think we can exchange our research experience quickly by this way.
What do you think? Any comment?

Hui-Hsu (Gavin) Tsai

---

From: "Dr. Bruno Manunza" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 19:11:21 +0100 (NFT)

> What do you think? Any comment?

Dear Hui-Hsu,
	your proposal is interesting and addresses a concrete problem which 
is: how having quick diffusion of ideas and feedback on them? however I 
think that the CCL cannot be the appropriate forum for this kind of interactions for a 
series of reasons. The posting of unrequested research results may lead 
to an overload of the list making difficult to select the messages which 
are really interesting for us. The existing electronic conferences and 
forums seems to work well satisfying the need of rapid communications 
between authors and readers. Moreover, I'd like to point out the 
existence of a permanent electronic conference which was announced on 
this list a few weeks ago, the TMMEC (http://bilbo.edu.uy/tmmec) which 
addresses the problem you raised.
	Additionally, electronic conferences allow the access to figures, 
tables, molecular coordinates, calculations results in a way which could 
be difficult to gain in a mailing list.
Do you agree?
Regards
Bruno 

Dr Bruno Manunza
DISAABA (Dept. of Agricultural Environm. Sci)
University of Sassari
V.le Italia 39
07100 Sassari, ITALY
phone: 39 79 229215
fax:   39 79 229276
e-mail: [email-masked]
e-mail: [email-masked]
e-mail: [email-masked]
web: http://antas.agraria.uniss.it