Subject: Re: CCL:Numerically Solving Partial Differential Equations

From: "Lestaw K. Bieniasz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 10:07:53 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)

On Mon, 12 May 1997, Paul Beroza wrote:
> can all be used to solve the Poisson-Boltzmann equation. I would
> recommend "Numerical Recipes" as a good introduction to numerical
> methods to solve partial differential equations.

"Numerical Recipes" are a bit trivial if one wants to make a real thing.
I would rather recommend:

Lapidus L. & Pinder G.F., Numerical Solution of Partial Differential
Equations in Science and Engineering, Wiley, New York, 1982

and

Smith G.D. Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations:
Finite Difference Methods (3rd edition), Clarendon, Oxford, 1985.

Both combine rigorous discussion with clarity of presentation 
and practical usefullness.

HTH,

				L.B.

*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
|                        Dr. Leslaw Bieniasz                        |
| temporary address: (3rd April 1997 - 31st August 1997)            |
|       Institut fuer Organische Chemie, Universitaet Tuebingen     |
|          Auf der Morgenstelle 18, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany.       |
|              E-mail: [email-masked]           |
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*
| permanent address:                                                |
| Institute of Physical Chemistry of the Polish Academy of Sciences,| 
| Molten Salts Laboratory, ul. Zagrody 13, 30-318 Cracow, Poland.   | 
|                   E-mail:  [email-masked]                 |
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*