Subject: Tripos's Composer! How to seperately model 2 lobes in a protein?

From: Chyh-chong Chuang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 15:06:06 +0800 (CST)

Dear netters:
  
   I have a protein homology modeling work at hand. This protein can be 
  divided into 2 lobes, N terminal lobe and C terminal lobe, and the 2 
  lobes are connected by a short loop sequence. Comparing the structures of 
  the templates, I found that the overall superimposion of the whole 
  proteins is not good. But if I seperately superimposed the N lobe or C 
  lobe, the superimposion is good. So I plan to do a model by seperately 
  modeling the N lobe and C lobe and then connecting the 2 lobes by loop. 
  I used different run to separately model the N and C lobe. My question 
  is that how to combine the two run in a single running so that I can do 
  the loop modeling?
 
   Any comment/suggestion/help will be great appreciated. Thank you very 
  much. 
  
  Sincerely your
  
  ccchuang    
 
  ============================================
    Chyh-Chong Chuang
    Institude of Biological Chemistry, 
    Academia Sinica,Taipei, Taiwan
  --------------------------------------------
    Phone: 886-2-7858981 ext 7091 
    Fax: 886-2-7883473
    E-Mail: [email-masked]
  ============================================