Subject: Gaussian 94 problem with pseudo=old

From: Escalante Tovar Sigfrido-FQ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 14:06:47 -0600 (CST)

Ladies or gentlemen 

I have a problem with Gaussian 94. 
When I try to run a series of calculations employing pseudoptentials for 
calcium and varing the Ca-O distance and try to optimize at each step (I use 
the old form for pseudopotentials trough the option pseudo=old) I allways 
receive the following message: 

Leave Link 202 at Wed May 7 20:36:15 1997, MaxMem= 4000000 cpu:  0.1
 (Enter /usr/g94/l301.exe)
 Basis read from rwf:  (5D, 7F)
 Pseudo-potential data read from read-write file. 
 EOF encountered while reading ECP pointer card. 
 Error termination via Lnk1e in /usr/g94/l301.exe.

However, the first time the program runs the link 301 it appears is 
reading the pseudopotentials properly (it prints the table with all the 
expected data) 
 
The route I am using to start calculations is as follows:

%Chk=ca-mod-a-HF-cero1
#p hf gen pseudo=old gfinput opt=z-matrix

and for subsequent links is:

%Chk=ca-mod-a-HF-cero1
#p hf chkbasis gfinput opt=z-matrix geom=modify

I'll appreciate any comments on this problem.

Thanks in advance.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sigfrido Escalante-Tovar         Tel: (525)622-38-11  FAX: (525)616-20-10 
Inorganic Chemistry Department
National UNiversity of Mexico    e-mail: [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------