Subject: CCL as Gaussian Hotline...Finale

From: Craig Burkhart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 16:28:05 -0400

Dear Netters,

I thank all who have replied publicly and privately concerning my
statements about the usage of the CCL as a de facto Gaussian, Inc
"hotline" service. Pandora's box has indeed been opened!

Several items recur in the responses:

1) Gaussian users remark that they do eventually get responses from
Gaussian, Inc--but often it takes a "couple" of days.

2) That Gaussian users are "quick to ask but slow to read".

3) That the user base may be very large [but only Gaussian knows
   for sure :) ].

Recommendations have included:

1) Establishment of a mail-exploder for Gaussian Users.

2) Hiring of new customer support staff by Gaussian, Inc.

I concur with all the items above. In particular, the establishment
of recommendation #1 would be easy to implement for Gaussian, Inc.,
and would resolve much of the noise level on the CCL. However, I
submit to the readership at-large that Gaussian to-date has chosen
not to provide customer support at an acceptable level. There are
many companies much smaller who have done an admirable job with
customer support, both in terms of telephone and electronic support.

I would like this line of discussion to close for the time being and
reserve final judgment until some action (or lack thereof) occurs.
Some have preached tolerance. Well I think many of us have been
more than tolerant with the status quo for way too long.

Once again, I thank all who have contributed to the discussion.
Let's keep the CCL an effective way to ask and contribute information.

Sincerely yours,

Craig Burkhart
[email-masked]