Subject: Droplet area & gyration radius

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 09:47:06 +0100 (CET)

Dear Netters,

I have been told that for a droplet the following formula holds:

  ln (SASA/N) scales as -G/3   where:

  SASA = solvent accesible surface area
  N    = Numbers of atoms
  G    = Radius of gyration

I looked for references, but no luck.

Any hint ?

Thanx

Luigi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Dr. Luigi Cavallo                                                            |
| Department Of Chemistry              Fax   : ++39-81-5527771                 |
| University Of Naples                 Ph    : ++39-81-5476535                 |
| Via Mezzocannone 4                   Email : [email-masked]   |
| I-80134 Naples, ITALY                                                        |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------