Subject: gOpenMol for Win 95/NT is now available

From: Leif Laaksonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 10:19:30 +0300 (GFT Daylight Time)

Dear Netters,

Scarecrow Computing is pleased to announce the availability of
the first alpha release (v1.0A1) of the gOpenMol program for
the display and analysis of molecular systems. The program is
available for anybody interested. There is no time limit set
for the usage of the program but that remember it's an alpha 
version.

This first release is only for the Windows 95/NT platforms.
You will also need at least 16 MB of memory (32 MB is recommended)
and preferable at least 64 Kcolours. I also recommend that you have 
the service packs (up to SP3) for NT installed because this service 
pack fixes a bug in the Microsoft OpenGL implementation.

Information about gOpenMol is available at:

http://laaksonen.csc.fi/gopenmol/gopenmol.htmls

There is also a page with some examples of gOpenMol usage at:

http://laaksonen.csc.fi/gopenmol/gallery.htmls

The gOpenMol program is a rewrite of my old SCARECROW program.
gOpenMol is now implemented using OpenGL and Tcl/Tk. This gives
the user great flexibility to reconfigure almost the entire
program.

Regards,

-leif laaksonen

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Leif Laaksonen                     |  
Center for Scientific Computing    | Phone:      358 9 4572378
P.O. Box 405                       | Mobile:     358 400425203
FIN-02101 Espoo                    | Telefax:    358 9 4572302
FINLAND                            | Mail:  [email-masked]
-------- URL: http://laaksonen.csc.fi/leif.laaksonen.html ---------