Subject: From List Coordinator

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 00:36:02 -0400 (EDT)

Dear CCL Subscribers...

First, the bad news... 
All job announcements which were sent to me between May 7 and May 27
were lost. Sometimes improvements backfire {:-(}, especially at 2am.
Please RESEND the job announcements to me again ([email-masked]),
if you do not see them in the CCL archives.

Some of you noticed that we have a new way of presenting jobs:
   http://www.ccl.net/cca/jobs/joblist.html

and conferences:
   http://www.ccl.net/cca/info/conferencelist.html

Then no news {:-)}...
Sorry for being less attentive to the list lately. My student assistants
are trying to keep it up as well as they can. We are working on major rehab
of the list, on running it from different machines, and we still do not
feel that we are ready to switch. Bear with us, please...

And the known appeal: Please keep the CCL a valuable resource by
asking good questions and giving good answers. And my thanks to all
of you who use the list in this spirit. We will have some technical
improvements at some point, but they will not change the contents of
list exchanges (computers may win a chess game, but still cannot
create knowledge...) and therefore, the quality of information which
appears on the list will still be produced by humans...

Jan Labanowski
[email-masked]