Subject: Nose-Hoover Thermostat and Conservtion of Momentum

From: Theepa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 00:09:27 +0100

Hello Dear Cyber Chemists,

During an MD simulation, which is thermostated with Nose-Hoover, is the
total momentum of the system conserved?

Also how about angular momentum in slabs?

Are there special cases such as pure systems/mixture bulk/slab?

Thank you for you patience. Any replies will be appreciated.
Theepa.
-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
|Theepaharan Somasundaram               |e-mail:
[email-masked]|         
|Rm A5, Atomistic Simulation Group,     |tel: (01232) 273528            
| 
|School of Mathematics and Physics,     |fax: (01232) 241958            
|  
|Queen's University of Belfast, BT7 1NN |http://titus.phy.qub.ac.uk/    
| 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------