Subject: Advice on New Hardware on Software

From: patrick kane <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 19:00:24 +0100 (BST)

Hi CCl'ers,

 Thank you for your recent advice on the hardware and software which we
should buy for carrying out simulations of solvated calixarene:metal
complexes to estimate delta G of complexation. I will summarise the
replies shortly. 

 There has been a suggestion within my department that instead of buying 
a workstation, we should buy several high end PC's and run UNIX on the PC's.
I would be very interested to hear your comments on this view.

 Kind Regards,
 Paddy.

*************************************************************************
*									*
*	Paddy Kane 			email: [email-masked]    * 
* 	School of Chemical Sciences 	  				*
*	Dublin City University 		  Tel: 00-353-1-7045641		*
*	Dublin 9			  				*
*	Ireland.			  Fax: 00-353-1-7045503		*
*									*
*************************************************************************