Subject: Babel

From: "Jeffrey J. Ayres" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 18:32:10 -0700

Hello,
	Could anyone help me with a babel conversion problem.  The problem is
converting 1bna.pdb to 1bna.mol.  1bna is a DNA compound.  Another DNA
compound also failed to convert, 1d58.pdb.  1crn.pdb, a protein, had no
problems converting.  The number of atoms in the protein is much greater
than the DNA segments.

The commands to convert from a pdb file to a molgen file are
 
babel -ip c:\netscape\1bna.pdb -omolgen c:\netscape\1bna.mol

The message returned exits the MS-DOS window and says the program was
shut down because it violated system integrity.

The same message appearred after attempting to convert a DNA structure
conversion from .pdb to an ISIS draw file .mol.  The conversion input
command was -imdl.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?  If so could you please send me
the solution?

						Thank you,

							Jeff Ayres