Subject: Chemistry Software for Teachers and Students

From: "Bruce Levett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 17:44:40 +1200

Dear List,

I teach at Napier Boys' High School, New Zealand, and have developed some
Windows software for my students which is for sale.
It has been well received here in NZ and in other countries (USA, Canada,
Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Hong Kong, Israel, Germany, Italy, UK so far)

The software is sold separately or as a suite of 4 programs -"The Chemware
Suite".
These can be found on The Chemware Home Page at:

http://www.iconz.co.nz/~trout/

The Suite programs are:
=======================
1. Organic Chemistry - version 2.2
http://www.iconz.co.nz/~trout/org.htm

The functional groups can be set and student users are drilled. Also
includes a hypertext set of notes in the help file.
There is a downloadable SHAREWARE VERSION of version 2.0 (which you can
download from my page or a number of other shareware sites). It only
includes alkenes.
====================
2.  Volumetric Analysis - ver 1.1
http://www.iconz.co.nz/~trout/va.htm

Acid-Base and Redox Titration questions/problems and solutions as student
drills, or perhaps as a utility to check concentration calculations (you
can enter you own data and set the standard solution). Very useful for some
students who really struggle with these sort of problems.
===================
3.  pH and Titration Curves - ver 2.1
http://www.iconz.co.nz/~trout/ph.htm

pH, pOH, concentrations of hydrogen ions, hydroxide ions and degrees of
dissociation for strong and weak acids and bases and buffers. Good for
student drills or as a utility for the teacher! since concentrations pKa
values etc are able to be set by the user. Worked solutions and titration
curves can be shown. Also whether the standard assumptions are made or not
can be set by the user. You can show any titration curve you like and even
use any acid or base you want to.
===================
4.  Electrochemical Cells - ver 1.0
http://www.iconz.co.nz/~trout/ecells.htm

Students construct a virtual electrochemical cell, then check out their
own:
	balanced equations for each half cell, or overall,
	electron flow,
	cell voltage,
	which electrodes is positive / negative,
	which electrodes is the anode /cathode,
	which electrodes oxidation or reduction occurs at.
 ...................................
Bruce Levett
e-mail:   [email-masked]
WWW:      http://iconz.co.nz/~trout