Subject: mol. modeling & comp. Chemistry

From: Prem Yadav <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:02:30 -0400 (EDT)

What I feel about molecular modeling:
	Molecular modeling is a complete protocol to establish a relationship 
between molecular structure and its function. Function may be chemical or 
biological. The final result is  called a "Model". To arrive at final 
stage, the requirement is the  knowledge of structure, chemical 
properties and biological and/or chemical function.

Computational chemistry is a tool which contribute in finding the structure 
and chemical properties of the molecular system. Structure may come 
from any experimental tool also.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prem Yadav, Ph.D.  		IST-Academic Computing Center
				University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ
Voice: 908-235-4172		Room No. SB-11
Fax:   908-235-5252		675 Hoes Lane
Email: [email-masked]     	Piscataway, NJ 08854-5635
	http://www.umdnj.edu/~pyadav/prem.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------