Subject: Citations

From: "Jason Lye" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 15:00:26 -0400

Hi Everyone,

Here is my original request:

>Please could someone tell me how to properly reference a discussion that takes
>place on the CCL.  I am writing two papers which include such references, and
>so far this is what I have been putting as the reference:
>
>Peoples Names, Name 2, Name 3, Name 4, Electronic Discussion on Computational
>Chemistry List, (Nov-Dec 1996)
>Archive URL:  http://whatever/it/is
>
>I figured that it was not unpublished (it is archived in public domain) and it
>is not private communication.  Has anyone else cited a discussion on the ccl?

I did not get a definitive answer from anyone, except that the subject had been
discussed before, and that CCL discussions should be cited as private
communications.

Jason

-- 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Jason Lye,                       |    
Dye Synthesis Research Group,    |    
College Of Textiles,  Box 8301,  |            "Lifes' cheap, but
North Carolina State University, |       the accessories will kill you!"
Raleigh, N.C. 27695 - 8301       |                   
                                 |      
      Ph:   (919) 515-6615       |                     
      [email-masked]           |         
_______________________________________________________________________________