Subject: Re: CCL:Info on heats of vaporization

From: "W. R. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:13:12 -0400

At 12:44 PM 6/26/97 +1000, Adnan Hazar wrote:
>
>Dear CCL colleagues,
>
>I have a question on behalf of a research colleague. Does anyone have the 
>following information on heats of vaporization of the following aldehydes:
>
>	Octanal
>	Nonanal
>	Dodecanal
>	

Heats of vaporization:

\DeltaH = A*(1-Tr)^B

where DeltaH = heat of vaporization in J/mol, Tr = T/T_c (reduced
temperature).

	1-nonanal	1-octanal	1-dodecanal

A	7.2500E+07	6.6950E+07	8.3180E+07
B	3.7550E-01	3.6760E-01	3.4800E-01
Tc	640K		621K		685K

Source: DIPPR pure component data compilation, 1989 (AIChE)

-- W. R. Smith, PhD, P. Eng., Senior Scientist, Mathtrek Systems --
3-304 Stone Road West, Suite 165, Guelph, Ontario CANADA N1G 4W4
EMail: [email-masked]       Tel:519-763-1356,FAX:519-763-4525
--------------------- http://www.mathtrek.com ---------------------
-Mathtrek Systems - Home of EQS4WIN Chemical Equilibrium Software -