Subject: 3D visualisation software

From: Luca <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 08:21:56 +0100 (WET DST)

Dear CCLers, although I'm pretty sure this question has been already 
posed (and I beg your pardon for posing it again), I have to ask about a 
3D visualisation tool. I worked with SciAn, which is pretty good indeed, 
but the only existing version needs Z buffer and DGL. Looking on the net 
I found a software called vis5d, pretty good the same but tuned for 
metereological data and I found too time-expensive to adapt it to 
visualize orbitals, electronic density and so on. I'm using molden but I 
would like to find out soemthing more general (I'm trying to use ELF 
also, and this feature is not implemented in molden).
The software I'm looking for should manage x,y,z,function_value in order 
to give isosurfaces of the function I'm trying to plot. Something not 
strictly platform-dependant would be very fine.
Thank you for all the information you will provide.
                     Luca

Dr. Luca Pedocchi
Laboratorio di Chimica Fisica delle Interfasi
via Cavour, 82 - 50129 Firenze - ITALY

http://lcfs.chim.unifi.it/solid/pedocchi
e-mail [email-masked]   

phone +39-55-2757793
fax   +39-55-219802

Non esistono uomini cattivi, se sono cucinati bene
                                            (Stefano Benni)