Subject: Postdoctoral Fellowship Available

From: "W. Todd Wipke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 18:40:31 PDT

Molecular Engineering Laboratory
                            Department of Chemistry
                            University of California 
                              Santa Cruz CA 95064

Two postdoctoral fellowships are immediately available in molecular
modeling and automated de novo design of molecular structures.  The 
research requires knowledge of C and program development, as well as
the ability to work as part of a development team.  Experience with
Discover/Insight is also desired.  Our research is aimed at developing
methods for automating the precision design of molecular structures for
drugs, new materials, and nanotechnology.  We have applied our methodology,
INVENTON, to the design of candidates targeted against a specific cancer
mechanism, our collaborators then are synthesizing and testing the compounds.

Candidates for these positions should send their curriculum vitae and
references to Professor Todd Wipke at the above address, or by email to
[email-masked], or by fax to 408-459-2935 (address it to Wipke).

[Santa Cruz is 80 miles south of San Francisco, 35 miles from Silicon
Valley, and directly on silicon beach, across the bay from Monterey.]