Subject: Re: CCL:SCI-PCM solvent model

From: "Nathaniel (noj) Malcolm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 11:39:22 +0100

jussi,
	as far as i know there have still been no 'published' accounts
of the sci-pcm methods - though i assume that the theory will be very
similar to the "IPCM" method which has has a couple of published
references.(i don't have them handy but can get them if necessary -
they should be easy enough to locate).  Just out of interest i think there is
a paper coming out in the Aug. 15th edition of J.Chem.Phys. from the
lab of J. Tomasi which sets out a new definition of teh cavity surface
in the PCM model ( i think that it will be more akin to a connolley
type surface with concave parts.)

noj

-- 
Dr. Noj Malcolm			
Theory Group,			
Dept. of Chemistry,		
University of Manchester,	
Oxford Road,			
Manchester.			
M13 9PL

e-mail [email-masked]