Subject: NAS Colloquium announcement

From: [email-masked] (Jim Briggs)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 08:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

***********************************************************************

                         NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES

                COLLOQUIUM ON COMPUTATIONAL BIOMOLECULAR SCIENCE

                             11-13 September 1997

       Beckman Center of the National Academies of Sciences and Engineering

                              Irvine, California

Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to invite you to attend the NAS "Colloquium on Computational 
Biomolecular Science," to be held in Irvine, California, September 11-13, 1997.  
The Colloquium is intended to stimulate interdisciplinary discussion across the 
areas of biomolecular structure, function, and evolution, and to point to ways 
in which computation can help to explore the interfaces among these areas.

Attendance will be limited to about 200 participants.  A diverse group of 
speakers will provide points of departure for the discussion, but ample time
will be allowed for general and informal elaboration.  The speakers will include

  Peer Bork (EMBL, Heidelberg)            Wen-Hsiung Li (Univ. Texas, Houston)
  Douglas Brutlag (Stanford)              Alexey Murzin (MRC, Cambridge)
  William Eaton (NIH)                     Jose Onuchic (UCSD)
  Ron Elber (Hebrew Univ)                 Gregory Petsko (Brandeis)
  Hans Frauenfelder (Los Alamos)          Robert Sauer (MIT)
  Elizabeth Getzoff (Scripps Research     Harold Scheraga (Cornell)
    Institute)                            Klaus Schulten (Illinois)
  Philip Green (Univ. Washington)         Rebecca Wade (EMBL, Heidelberg)
  Angela Gronenborn (NIH)                 Arieh Warshel (USC)
  Michael Levitt (Stanford)
  
The meeting is planned to extend from the late afternoon of September 11 
(registration and a light dinner/reception), through September 13, so that 
participants can depart early on September 14.  The meeting will be held at 
the Academy's conference center in Irvine.

If you would like to join us for this Colloquium, please send the attached
registration form and your registration fee of $200 (which includes the cost of 
all meals for 11-13 September) as soon as possible to Dr. Edward Patte at the 
address indicated on the form.  Please feel free to duplicate the form and extend 
the invitation to any students or colleagues you feel would contribute to this 
discussion.

A block of rooms has been reserved at the hotel for the Colloquium.  Please contact
National Academies Travel (NAT) rather than calling the hotel directly, to make
your reservations.

  Main reservations:  800-801-6696 or 202-298-9046
  Receptionist:  202-298-1637
  Fax:  202-338-2366
 
When contacting NAT, please refer to

  event name - Computational Biomolecular Science
  event code - BE02066
  event date - September 11-13, 1997
  hotel name - Hyatt Newporter Resort
               1107 Jamboree Rd.
               Newport Beach, CA  92660

Please reserve your room before August 15, because the rooms will be released
shortly after this date.  

We hope that you will be able to join us for this unusual Colloquium.

Russell Doolittle   ([email-masked])
J. Andrew McCammon  ([email-masked])
Peter G. Wolynes    ([email-masked])

--------------------------------- cut here ---------------------------------------

                    NATIONAL ACADEMY OF SCIENCES COLLOQUIUM
                      "COMPUTATIONAL BIOMOLECULAR SCIENCE"
                               REGISTRATION FORM

Please complete and return this form to:

Dr. Edward Patte
NAS-146
National Academy of Sciences
2101 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC  20418

FAX CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS ONLY:  (202) 334-2153

Name________________________________________________________

Title_______________________________________________________

Company Name________________________________________________

Address_____________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

Phone_______________________________________________________

Email_______________________________________________________

Arrival Date___________________ Time________________________

Departure Date_________________ Time________________________

            Registration fee of $200 (nonrefundable) includes 
                    all meals during meeting:

____ Registration check in U.S. dollars payable to "National Academy of Sciences"

___  Credit Card registration payable to "National Academy of Sciences"

     Charge to:   ___Visa    ___MasterCard   ___American Express

     Card number_____________________________________  Expires_________

     Signature_______________________________________  Date____________

My special dietary needs are as follows:_______________________________

_______________________________________________________________________

_______________________________________________________________________

***********************************************************************

-- 

Jim Briggs, Ph.D. 
Department of Pharmacology
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA 92093-0365 
Phone:  (619)534-0956        FAX: (619)534-7042
e-mail: [email-masked]    WWW: http://chemcca10.ucsd.edu/~jmbriggs/