Subject: G:Gaussian on a Mac ?

From: "Frederick R. Bennett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 97 09:46:00 +0300

I know that Gaussian Inc. hates this sort of thing but I will ask anyway. I
am wondering whether anyone has G94 running on a PowerMac running one of the
Linux operating systems (MKLinux or the non-Micro Kernal).

 Just as a matter of opinion, I think that Gaussian Inc. should seriously
consider supporting this platform, as they do the various Unices running on
Intel machines. The motorola PowerPC chips are leaving Intel Pentiums for
dead at the moment and with the new generation motorola chips on the way
out, fast system buses and new cacheing technology, Mac's or Mac clones
should/can provide the hardware for some high power/cost ratio workstations
for chemistry.

===============================================================================
 Namenet Address:   Frederick R. Bennett
                    
 Papernet Address:  Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry                  
                    Freiestrasse 3
                    CH-3012 Bern
                    Switzerland
                    
 Mouthnet Address:  [41] (031) 631 4231

 Faxnet Address     [41] (031) 631 3994
 
 Internet Address:  [email-masked]

===============================================================================