Subject: CCL: IV-TH GERMAN-ISRAELI WINTER-SCHOOL

From: "Dr. Victor Ryaboy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:56:40 +0300 (IDT)

IV-TH GERMAN-ISRAELI WINTER-SCHOOL ON
"PHOTO-INDUCED NONLINEAR DYNAMICS IN  STRONG LASER FIELDS"

Organized by:
The Minerva Center for Nonlinear Physics of Complex Systems,
Technion, Haifa and the Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot

Place:	Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel
Dates:	February 22 - 28, 1998

       FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

The idea of a winter-school combined with a workshop is to have a series of talks for graduate students, 
postdocs and others which provides a mini-course on relevant topics and 
lectures on advanced topics in their fields. 

Mini-courses and series of lectures will address the subjects of: 

   Exotic phenomena in super intense laser fields: stabilization, 
   physical reality of light-induced atomic states;

   ATI and high harmonic generation in intense fields; 

   Perturbation and non-perturbation techniques to photo-interaction 
   in two-electron atoms; 

   The response of simple systems to a nearly periodic field; 

   Coherent  and optimal control methods;  
   Time propagation  and time-independent methods to study photo-induced
   dynamics in high intensity fields. 

Among invited speakers are:

Y. Band, R. Bluemel, L. Cederbaum, R. Coalson, F. Faisal, M. Gavrila, G. Gerber, P. Hanggi, J. Korsch, R. Kosloff, P. Lambropoulos, R. Lefebvre, 
Y. Leopold, N. Moiseyev, D. Neuhauser, U. Peskin, D. Richards, 
M. Shapiro, D. Tannor, and U. Weiss.

PARTIAL SUPPORT IS AVAILABLE TO GRADUATE STUDENTS AND POSTDOCTORAL 
FELLOWS WHO WILL PRESENT POSTERS.

In order to mail circulars, we would like prospective participants to 
respond to this announcement with their 
full names, address, tel. and fax numbers and e-mail address. 
Also, please indicate if you have access to World-Wide-Web 
(for future registration, hotel reservation, abstract transfer, etc. 
purposes).

For responses and/or further information, registration and application 
for partial support, please contact
	Mrs. Charlotte Diament, Conference Secretary
	Department of Chemistry, Technion - Israel Institute of 
        Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
	Tel.: 972-4-8293664/727, FAX: 972-4-823 3735, 
        E-mail: [email-masked]

Please visit our WWW Home Pages for updates:
http://www.technion.ac.il/technion/chemistry/g-i_school/index.html

         IVth GERMAN-ISRAELI WINTER-SCHOOL ON
      "PHOTO-INDUCED NONLINEAR DYNAMICS IN STRONG LASER FIELDS"

    PLACE:	Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel

    DATES:	February 22 - 28, 1998

REGISTRATION FORM

NAME: __________________________ First Name: _________________

AFFILIATION/ADDRESS:       _________________________________  

_________________________________________________________     

_________________________________________________________   

CITY: __________________________ COUNTRY: _____________________

E-mail:   _____________________________________________________ 

                              POSTERS

I should like to present a poster entitled:

____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________

and will submit an abstract by December 15, 1997.

Date: 	_____________________	Signature:  ___________________________