Subject: Call for papers

From: Val Gillet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 09:17:52 +0100 (BST)

CALL FOR PAPERS: COMPUTATIONAL APPROACHES TO THE DESIGN AND ANALYSIS
OF COMBINATORIAL LIBRARIES 

The Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society and the Chemical
Structure Association are organising a joint conference on the
computational analysis of molecular diversity, to be held in
Sheffield, UK 14-16 April 1998.  Contributions are now sought in areas
such as: the design of diverse and focussed libraries; algorithms and
methods for the selection of database subsets; the representation and
searching of combinatorial libraries and analogous virtual databases;
the design and use of both in-house and commercial software for
diversity analysis; diversity indices; compararison of property-based
and fingerprint-based (dis)similarity measures; and the integration of
diversity analysis with other computational tools, such as docking and
QSAR.  

People wishing to present their work should submit a 500-word abstract
(preferably by email) to Dr V.J. Gillet, Department of Information
Studies, University of Sheffield, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK (tel.
044-114-2222652, fax 044-1142780300, email [email-masked])
by 1st October 1997.