Subject: re:reaction pathway program

From: "Durst, Gregory L." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:04:29 -0500

regarding the message...
>
>Do you know of any (engineering, chemistry, biological, etc) program that
>given a compound would suggest any and all reaction pathways toward that
>compound (no matter how outlandish from a thermodyanmic standpoint)?
>

I am aware of the 'Chiron' program that features computer assisted
reaction schemes, stereochemical analysis and precursor selection.  It
has a 3D drawing module and molecule manipulation.  The prorgam runs
>from databases that were meticulously created for the explicit purpose
of reaction planning.  Platforms supported are Macintosh and SGI.  
For more info contact:
	Prof. S. Hanessian
	Department of Chemistry
	Universite of Montreal 
	PO Box 6128, Station A
	Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7
	Canada
email - [email-masked]
fax - 514/343-5728

Regards,
Greg
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
|   Gregory L. Durst                   Computational Chemistry        |
|   phone:   317/337-3413              DowElanco  R&D                 |
|   email:   [email-masked]      9330 Zionsville Rd.  306/D2    |
|                                      Indianapolis, IN  46268   USA  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+