Subject: re:reaction pathway program

From: "Durst, Gregory L." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:04:29 -0500

regarding the message...
>
>Do you know of any (engineering, chemistry, biological, etc) program that
>given a compound would suggest any and all reaction pathways toward that
>compound (no matter how outlandish from a thermodyanmic standpoint)?
>

I am aware of the 'Chiron' program that features computer assisted
reaction schemes, stereochemical analysis and precursor selection.  It
has a 3D drawing module and molecule manipulation.  The prorgam runs
from databases that were meticulously created for the explicit purpose
of reaction planning.  Platforms supported are Macintosh and SGI.  
For more info contact:
	Prof. S. Hanessian
	Department of Chemistry
	Universite of Montreal 
	PO Box 6128, Station A
	Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7
	Canada
email - [email-masked]
fax - 514/343-5728

Regards,
Greg
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
|   Gregory L. Durst                   Computational Chemistry        |
|   phone:   317/337-3413              DowElanco  R&D                 |
|   email:   [email-masked]      9330 Zionsville Rd.  306/D2    |
|                                      Indianapolis, IN  46268   USA  |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+