Subject: Compiling AMBER 4.1 on a Power Challenge

From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey L. Nauss)
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 16:06:42 -0400

I am trying to compile AMBER 4.1 on a Power Challenge.  The uname -a output is
"IRIX64 bebop 6.1 07121823 IP21 mips".  Specifically, I am trying to get leap
compiled.  However the compilation bombs during the command:

make World >& mkerr &

The error message at the end of the mkerr file is:

        /usr/bin/cc -o utilMakeHelp -g -DMEMORY_DEBUG=0 -I.. -cckr
-noprototypes -w -Wf,-XNl16386 -xansi -32   -Wf,-XNh2000  basics.o sysdepend.o
stringExtra.o varArray.o  getline.o pdb_format.o pdb_read.o pdb_sprntf.o
pdb_sscanf.o pdb_write.o vector.o zMatrix.o sort.o bag.o hash.o dictionary.o
database.o nVector.o ring.o matrix.o fortran.o displayer.o utilMakeHelp.o
 -nostdlib  -L/usr/lib    -lm
ld: FATAL 12: Object class error (/usr/lib/crt1.o): not a 32-bit object.
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)
*** Error code 1 (bu21)

Anybody have a clue what I need to do? I have already tried removing all -32
options from the Makefile and got the same error.

Thanks in advance...

-- 
  Jeffrey L. Nauss, PhD           Telephone: 513-556-0148          
  Dir. Molec. Model. Serv.        Fax:       513-556-9239
  Department of Chemistry         e-mail: [email-masked]    
  University of Cincinnati        URL http://www.che.uc.edu/~nauss