Subject: Self-Consistent Ensemble Optimization

From: [email-masked] (Dr. Jerome L. Gabriel)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 13:37:46 -0700

Dear CCL Members,

I am interested in applying the Self-Consistent Ensemble Optimization
method( Christopher Lee, J. Mol. Biol. 236, 918-939, 1994) to predict 
the overal side chain packing for models of various mutant proteins.
As I understand, the method was developed to predict the effects of
point mutations on local side chain packing. I also understand that 
the SCEO method has been made available as part of the Look software
package referred to as the program CARA.

I would appreciate receiving information on either the CARA program
or on other methods which could be applied to predict the effects of
point mutations on local side chain packing.

I appreciate you help in this matter.

Thank you

Jerome L. Gabriel

   Jerome L. Gabriel
   Department of Biochemistry , 407A MRB             HAVE  PROTEIN         
   Temple University Medical School                                    
   3420 N. Broad Street                                 -------                
   Philadelphia, PA 19140                                              
                                                      WILL  MODEL     
   E-mail                                             
   [email-masked]