Subject: Retrosynthesis Programs

From: Andy Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 15:07:26 +0100 (BST)

All,

After the discussion of programs to plan retrosynthetic pathways to
desired targets I wonder which companies out there do actually use them.
The comments that they are difficult to use or that the databases are too
limited were valid some time ago but I wonder what the current
state-of-play actually is. I would be grateful if any of you could let me
know what the situation is within your own companies, particularly if
they are involved in pharmaceutical research. I would ideally like to know
what programs you have, what the general impression is and whether the
programs are actually used!

Any replies gratefully received...perhaps directly to me to save clogging
up the newsgroup with non-scientific matters?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

============================================================
Andy Jennings - SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals
Phone: +44 (0) 1279 627682 Fax:  +44 (0) 1279 627685