Subject: CHM:2^n restriction on parallel

From: [email-masked] (Brian W. Beck)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:34:14 -0700 (PDT)

I currently using CHARMM24a3 on a 16node IBM SP2.

	I've noticed that I can only run in parallel if I request
	a power of 2 number of nodes (1,2,4,8,16).

	However, a couple of years ago, I had some runs done on a
	CONVEX which didn't have this power of 2 restriction.

	Am I doing something wrong or is this restriction a function 
	of the parallel environment of the AIX/SP2?

	(The reason I ask is that there are occasionally times when I could
	 grab 12 nodes, but can't because it doesn't work.)

	-Brian

-- 
=============================================================================
|   .---------.| Brian W. Beck      |    E-mail Addresses:                  |
|/\ |         || Biochem/Biophysics |        [email-masked]        |
|| \\     WSU || Washington St. Univ|   [email-masked]                  |
|\  -        *|| 639 Fulmer         |  URL  http://elmo.chem.wsu.edu/~brian |
| |           || Pullman, WA, USA   |    VOICE    (509) 335-4083            |
| \___________||       99164-4660   |      FAX    (509) 335-9688            |
=============================================================================