Subject: compiling Gamess on SGI O2

From: Xiaofeng Duan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 15:17:20 -0400 (EDT)

Does anyone has experience in compiling Gamess on SGI O2 (R10000) machine? 
We tried to do so (Gamess version 31 Oct. 96) recently on the machine (IRIX
6.3, Fortran 7.1), and it seemed like everything went smoothly, no
error messages during compiling and linking. However, the binary file was
not excutable. When we run it, we get a message like "Exec format error". We
tried to set ARCH='-r10000' and ARCH=' '; the result was the same. 
It would be appreciated if someone can help in pointing out what the problem 
could be? 

****************************************
Xiaofeng Duan
WL/MLBP, Bldg. 654
2941 P St. Ste. 1
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
(937)255-9164
[email-masked]
****************************************

---

From: "Omar G. Stradella" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 17:49:01 -0400

On Jul 24,  3:17pm, Xiaofeng Duan wrote:
> Subject: CCL:compiling Gamess on SGI O2

Hi Xiaofeng,

You have to compile and link with 32bits because the IRIX 6.3 kernel
that runs on O2 machines doesn't support execution of 64bit
executables. Change in comp, compall and lked all -64 (related
to SGI) into -n32.

Omar.

-- 
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
Omar G. Stradella, Ph.D.                    Supercomputing Applications 
Silicon Graphics, Inc.                          Computational Chemistry
One Cabot Road, Hudson, MA 01749, USA           N 42 22'41" W 71 33'45"
E-mail: [email-masked] Phone: +1-508-567-2258 FAX: +1-508-562-4755 
http://www.sgi.com/ChemBio                  http://reality.sgi.com/omar 
+--------  Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn  -------+