Subject: Sum: Compiling Gamess on SGI o2

From: Xiaofeng Duan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:21:23 -0400 (EDT)

My original question is:
> Does anyone has experience in compiling Gamess on SGI O2 (R10000) machine?
> We tried to do so (Gamess version 31 Oct. 96) recently on the machine (IRIX
> 6.3, Fortran 7.1), and it seemed like everything went smoothly, no
> error messages during compiling and linking. However, the binary file was
> not excutable. When we run it, we get a message like "Exec format 
error". We
> tried to set ARCH='-r10000' and ARCH=' '; the result was the same.
> It would be appreciated if someone can help in pointing out what the 
problem
> could be?

As Stradella and Reichert pointed out that IRIX 6.3 kernel doesn't 
support -64 binary. By changing -64 to n32 I successfully compiled Gamess 
and tested running all the example files. Thanks for the helps from you 
two and other people.

****************************************
Xiaofeng Duan
WL/MLBP, Bldg. 654
2941 P St. Ste. 1
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
(937)255-9164
[email-masked]
****************************************