Subject: CCL:summary:basis set of DFT calculation

From: Lin Ping <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 15:16:31 -0500

Dear CCLers,

two days ago, I post a queastion asking about the basis set for DFT
calculation. 

>Original question

> I am trying to run DFT calculation resently. Since the ordinary basis
> sets are optimized for ab initio calculation, I am wondering if there
> are basis sets spectially designed for DFT calculation, which will
> surely improve the result. 
> Any hints or references would be greatly appreciated.
> Replies can send to me directly, I will summarize to the list.

Here is another response from Dr. Georg Schreckenbach.
*****************************************************
[email-masked] (Georg Schreckenbach)

the ADF code is a pure DFT code. It uses Slater type orbitals (STO) as
basis functions, and all their basis functions where optimized by the
ADF people a long time ago using DFT calculations on atoms. Btw., ADF
stands for "Amsterdam Density Functional", and you'll find them at
http://tc.chem.vu.nl/SCM or [email-masked]

*****************************************************
Many thanks for your help.

Ping LIN

-- 
Department of Chemistry           Phone No. : 409-862-9225
Texas A&M University              E-mail : [email-masked] 
College Station TX 77843-3255              [email-masked]
URL: http://http.tamu.edu/~p0l1112/