Subject: Re: Gauss View

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:49:37 +0900

Hello,

        I received a answer for the following questions:
  
       I would like to ask you about Gauss View.  How can I use Gauss View
?  For example, must we compile Gauss View with Gaussian 94 ?

        Please replay to me.  

Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 08:53:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: Wayne Steinmetz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: CCL:CCL: Gauss View
To: [email-masked]
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII

We run GAuss View on a Silicon Graphics workstation.  Gaussian is finally
following the example of most software vendors and ships an executable for
Gauss View.  Hence, you do not have to compile anything in order to use Gauss
View.  However, Gauss View requires the latest version of Gaussian and you will
need the updates.  Unfortunately, Gaussian only ships source code for Gaussian
94.

        My related questions are:

        Gaussian 94 Revision C.3 or Revision D.3 are OK ?

        What you feel about Gauss View ?

Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 20:58:41 -0700 (PDT)
From: Wayne Steinmetz <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Gauss View
To: [email-masked]
Content-type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII

Sorry about the delay.

Gauss View requires the e2 version of Gaussian to run properly.  That is we are
running the g94e2 executable. When we ordered Gaussian, we received the
previous version.  Since the order for Gauss View was placed shortly thereafter
we were not charged for the required upgrades to Gauss View.

We are quite pleased with the performance of Gauss View and now use it as the
entry point for most Gaussian calculations. We have used Sybyl to prepare the
input file.  That works too but ordering Sybyl just as a GUI for Gaussian would
not be a very cost-effective solution.  If you do not have licenses for other
packages which are compatible with Gaussian, Gauss View is a very good
solution.  We are glad that we made the investment.

Wayne Steinmetz
Pomona College