Subject: HyperNMR

From: Adnan Hazar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 17:17:30 +1000 (EST)

Dear All,

I am trying to perform an NMR run using HyperNMR 2.0 for windows (Win3.1)
on minimised conformation of a straight chain molecule (C17 H37 O3 N7).
"Shielding and Coupling" calculations take about 2min, however spectrum
calculations cannot be performed bec. I get the following message:

"There are too many NMR atoms [37]. You may not be able 
to complete the spectral calculation."

As I have been communicating with the software company the problem is that
there are too many NMR atoms for the PC configuration I have.  Although, 
I recently upgraded the memory to 64Mb, still not enough simply bec there 
are 2^37 (1.37xE+11) spin states which require a lot of memory.

I'd appreciate any comments which would help me to tackle this problem 
either at the software or hardware level.

Regards

************************
Adnan Hazar
Chemical Sciences
Victoria University
Australia
************************