Subject: Polymer modelling

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:20:54 +0100

We intend to use molecular modelling and computational chemistry for 
     our polymer research. We are especially interested in designing and 
     improving hydrolysable polymers (in solution and as solvent casted 
     films). Because we are novices in the field of molecular modelling, we 
     would be grateful if any of you could help us with some information:
                    
     - Which software is especially suitable for polymer modelling? We've 
     come across HyperChem, Alchemy 2000 and Chem-X which all have polymer 
     modules, but we do not have any experience with these packages. 
     - Does any of you have experience with molecular modelling of 
     (hydrolysable) polymers? If so: what software did you use and what did 
     you model?
     - Any references on polymer modelling would be appreciated!
                    
     Best wishes,
                    
     Peter Willemsen
     Jotun AS, Norway
     email: [email-masked]