Subject: thanks regarding journal (and humor)

From: "Douglas A. Smith Ph.D." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:55:18 -0400

Thank you all for the overwhelming response.  At random, I pulled a few
descriptions of the journal:

"According to the ETH library catalog here in Zurich, it is Roczniki chemii,
which had changed its name to  Annales Societatis chimicae polonorum in 1938,
and, once again, to Polish Journal of Chemistry at some relatively recent 
time. A large university library might well know it under this name."

"Rocz. Chem. is an abbreviation of the Polish journal titled "Roczniki Chemii"
(translates as Annals of Chemistry)."

"Abbreviation Rocz. Chem. means Roczniky Chemii (Years of Chemistry)
which is a journal of Polish Chemical Society. It is not very known
journal and it is not very widespread."

"Don't have the journal here, but can tell you where is the US you can
find it:
UC Davis   Phys Sci  QD1 R65              v.1-51, 1921-1977.
UCSD       S & E     QD 1 R684            38-41,U42-49,50-51 (1964-1977)
The full journal name seems to be Roczniki chemji."

Apparently the name was changed in 1977 rather than the journal ceased
publication.  Publications were both in Polish and English.

Oh, and one more:

"Doug - obviously, this is Roscrusian Chemie, the journal of
cabalistic practices of central Europe.  Well, I might be
wrong here, since I think that journal went out of circulation
in the 1500's or 1600's when the witches trials got too severe.
Kinda hard to get reviewers when they've all been toasted!"

Doug

--
Dr. Douglas A. Smith, President and CEO     |  voice: (814) 255-7859
The DASGroup, Inc.                          |    fax: (814) 255-3517
1732 Lyter Drive, 2nd Floor                 |  email: [email-masked]
Johnstown, PA 15905                         |    WWW: http://www.dasgroup.com

Contract R&D specialists in modeling, simulation, and synthesis for
chemistry, materials science, and biotechnology.