Subject: Structure-based Design at MGM EC-2

From: "Dr. Dave Winkler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 11:33:40 +1000

Dear Netters,
<<<<

I'm organizing a symposium on Structure-Based Design at the 2nd Electronic
MGMS Conference in October.  I would be happy to receive papers on any
aspect of this topic for presentation and discvussion during the Symposium.
I've attached an abridged version of the MGMS EC-2 announcement.  Please
accept my apologies for any duplication due to cross-posting.

  SECOND ELECTRONIC MOLECULAR GRAPHICS AND MODELLING CONFERENCE
  *************************************************************

  The Second Electronic Molecular Graphics and Modelling
Conference (MGM EC-2) will be held on the Internet and World Wide Web
(http://www.vei.co.uk/mgmec2/) from Oct 6-17, 1997 and will cover a
broad range of disciplines related to molecular modelling, graphics
and simulation methods and applications.

  Conference subject areas are: Protein Structure (Rod
Hubbard); Membranes and Membrane Proteins (convener to be announced);
Protein Folding (Jeffrey Skolnick); Modelling of In Vivo Activity
(Ed Hodgkin); Knowledge-based Library Design (Mike Hann);
Surface Science (Donald Brenner); Host-guest interactions (Jon
Essex); Carbohydrates and Protein-Carbohydrate Interactions
(Anne Imberty); Enzyme Mechanisms (Guy Grant); Conformational
Sampling (convener to be announced); Nucleic Acids (convener to be
announced); Quantum Chemistry (Tim Clark); Structure-based
Design (David Winkler); Visualization (Art Olson); and Perspectives
(Graham Richards).

  Authors can opt to have their presentation in the following categories:
- non-permanent WWW presentation of a conference poster
- non-permanent WWW presentation of a conference lecture
- refereed WWW presentation which will be considered for print publication
as a full paper in the Journal of Molecular Graphics
- refereed WWW presentation which will be considered for permanent
electronic publication in the Internet Journal of Chemistry (IJC),
http://www.ijc.com/

  Presentations of papers or posters must be prepared in Hypertext Markup
Language (HTML) with figures in GIF or other Web-compatible formats so that
participants can view the papers via the World Wide Web (The presentations
may also include enhancements such as 3D structures, VRML, Java, RealAudio,
Quicktime movies etc.) Powerpoint presentations can be used for the
presentation of conference lectures. Aid and consultation is provided to
participants who may address their queries to the conference hot-line at
[email-masked]. Further details will be given in the authors' guide
accessible via http://www.vei.co.uk/mgmec2/.

  During the conference interaction, presentations and discussions will
take place via the Internet using a Java-based virtual conference centre,
WWW-based discussion forums and an electronic mailing list. Before the
conference, a timetable for lectures and discussion sessions for each
section will be posted. Since these realtime discussions are an integral
part of the conference, authors will be expected to attend one for their
subject; the right is reserved not to referee submissions by authors who do
not attend one of these sessions.

DEADLINES AND DATES

1) DO NOW - The Molecular Graphics & Modelling & Graphics Network (MGMN)
mailing list

Conference-related news and announcements will be posted regularly
to the MGMN mailing list ([email-masked]).  If you are receiving this
message from the mgmn list you are already subscribed.

If you wish to subscribe to the MGMN list send the following
one line message to [email-masked]:

subscribe [email-masked] your_email@address

To unsubscribe send the following message:

unsubscribe [email-masked] your_email@address

2) Registration

If you intend to participate in MGM EC-2 please use the special
registration form accessible via http://www.vei.co.uk/mgmec2/.  The
electronic registration will be used to construct a registrant database for
the conference which will generate the conference mailing list and handle
assignment of userids and passwords.

3) DEADLINE for receipt of ABSTRACT.

The deadline for receipt of presentation abstracts is Sept 1. Email
your abstract directly to [email-masked]. Fuller details of the
scope of each section is given in the authors' guide accessible via
http://www.vei.co.uk/mgmec2/

Your abstract should be no longer than 300 words. And remember to
state which category of presentation (non-permanent poster or lecture,
refereed as letter, refereed as full paper) you wish.

If you are unsure as to which section your abstract is suitable for,
please e-mail a possible section convener or Barry Hardy
([email-masked]). Section conveners do have the discretion to
reject abstracts, ask for revisions to an abstract or to send the
abstract to the convener of a more suitable section.

4) DEADLINE for receipt of PRESENTATION

The deadline for receipt of papers and posters is Sept 15.  You
must deposit your text and graphics files at the conference ftp site
following the instructions available at http://www.vei.co.uk/mgmec2/.

Any general e-mails (such as registration queries, maillist queries,
HTML queries, password queries, timetable queries, general technical
advice on browsers and graphics, etc) should be sent to:
[email-masked]

Cheers,

Dave

Dr. David A. Winkler                    Email: [email-masked]
Senior Principal Research Scientist     Voice: 61-3-9545-2477
CSIRO Division of Molecular Science	Fax:   61-3-9545-2446
Private Bag 10,Clayton South MDC,       http://www.csiro.au
Clayton 3169, Australia 	        http://www.molsci.csiro.au