Subject: New Book Announcement

From: David Mosley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 12:10:00 +0200 (DFT)

New Book Announcement:

*        Exploring Aspects of Computational Chemistry           *
*                   Concepts and Exercises                      *
*                                                               *
*   Jean-Marie Andre, David H. Mosley, Marie-Claude Andre,      *
*    Benoit Champagne, Enrico Clementi, Joseph G. Fripiat,      *
*            Laurence Leherte, Lorenzo Pisani,                  *
*          Daniel P. Vercauteren,  Marjan Vracko                *
*                                                               *
*             Presses Universitaires de Namur                   *
*                   ISBN: 2-87037-249-3                         *
*                                                               *
*                  Available: August, 1997                      *
*                                                               *

The theoretical and computational approach to the study of molecular
structure and properties plays an increasingly important role in all
aspects of mainstream chemistry. The volume of "Exploring Aspects of
Computational Chemistry: Concepts" gives a broad outline of the theory of
several important areas of ab initio molecular and polymer quantum
chemistry, and its application in chemical research. The sister volume,
"Exercises", demonstrates the use of the theory in practice, through
calculations carried out by hand, short programs, or available
computational chemistry software. Taken together, the two volumes provide a
practical introduction to computational quantum chemistry, with the
emphasis on analysis and understanding, and bridging the gap between
'abstract' theory and the tendency towards 'black-box' computational codes.

Further details, tables of contents, and ordering information are available
on the WWW at:
     http://www.chimie.fundp.ac.be/cta/eacc/eacc.html

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dr. David H. MOSLEY
Laboratoire de Chimie Theorique Appliquee
Facultes Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix
rue de Bruxelles, 61
B-5000 NAMUR
BELGIUM

Tel: (+32) 81 72 45 54
FAX: (+32) 81 72 45 67

E-mail: [email-masked]
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::