Subject: Re: Computational Chemistry & Nanotechnology

From: Ralph Merkle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 16:05:10 PDT

Peter Grootenhuis wrote:

> Dear CCL-ers,
> I am interested in computational chemistry applications in
> nanotechnology.

The web site:

http://nano.xerox.com/nano

has information about molecular nanotechnology, links to other sites,
and links to several articles available on line (including Feynman's
"There's Plenty of Room at the Bottom," see
http://nano.xerox.com/nanotech/feynman.html).

The development of molecular nanotechnology will require
extensive use of computational chemistry methods: see
http://nano.xerox.com/nanotech/compNano.html

Richard Smalley will be the keynote speaker at the upcoming Fifth Foresight
Conference on Molecular Nanotechnology, to be held in Palo Alto, CA this
November.  See: http://www.foresight.org/Conferences/MNT05/Nano5.html
Early registration (up to $200 less expensive) ends this Sunday: August 31.

Ralph C. Merkle
[email-masked]