Subject: Summary: :Searching thge PDB database using the 3D protein structures

From: "Kah-Tong, Seow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 15:08:20 +1410

My previous request was:

>I would appreciate any help in getting some references or review articles on
>web servers which provide the service to search PDB database with the 3D
>protein structure coordinates.

The summary:

1) Accessing the PDB database

http://www.pdb.bnl.gov/

there is a 3D browser, where you can search for structures based on
their names, authors etc.

Rolf-Dietrich Stigler
e-mail: [email-masked]

I know the web site "http://www2.ebi.ac.uk/pdb/" to find some data using the 3D
protein structures

Nathalie Vancampenhout, Ph.D.
 e-mail: [email-masked]

2) other databases

From: Les Clowney <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: accessing pdb

Hello,
   You might be interested in the "Protein Finder" available at
http://ndb.rutgers.edu .
Les

3) Journal articles

Susman, Nature Structural Biology 4(7) 1997 p. 517 or better still
Stampf et al., Nature 374 (1995) pp. 572-574.

Ed E. Moret
E-mail: [email-masked]

To all who responded, thank you.

one of the servers suggested by friends but not listed above is the Dali Server
http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/dali/dali.html
The Dali server is a network service for comparing protein structures in
3D. You submit the
coordinates of a query protein structure and Dali compares them against
those in the Protein Data
Bank.

Kah-Tong, Seow