Subject: Please Post-Symposium on Structural Biology

From: [email-masked] (Linda Callahan)
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 13:35:20 -0400

The Cornell Theory Center (CTC) announces its fifth annual symposium for
biomedical scientists, which will be held on October 7 and 8 on the Cornell
campus. The symposium will highlight leading research being done in the
field of structural biology. We are also soliciting poster presentations.

The Symposium on Structural Biology is funded by the National Center for
Research Resources at the National Institutes of Health as part of CTC's
Parallel Processing Resource for Biomedical Scientists.

Registration form can be found at
http://www.tc.cornell.edu/Events/Structural.Biology.97/index.html or
contact Donna Smith - [email-masked]. Early hotel reservations are
strongly encouraged.

___________________PROGRAM__________________

Symposium on Structural Biology
Conference Room, Biotechnology Building
Harold Scheraga, Cornell University, Moderator

Tuesday, October 7

8:30 am  - Welcome - Harold Scheraga

8:45   -        Protein Structure Modeling in Genomics
                        Andrej Sali, Rockefeller University

9:45    -       A Simplest Model for Protein Dynamics
                        Robert Jernigan, National Institutes of Health

10:45 -         Break

11:00  -        Self-Assembly of Model Surfactants and Proteins
                     by Monte Carlo Simulations
                        Thanassis Panagiotopoulos, Cornell University

12:00   -        Lunch on your own

2:00      -   Assembly of Protein Structure from Sparse
                   Experimental Data: An Efficient Monte Carlo Algorithm
                        Andrej Kolinski, Scripps Research Institute

3:00    -       On the Initial Photochemical Event in Photosynthesis:
                    a Theorist's View
                          Michael Zerner, University of Florida

4:00 -          Video Theatre
                          Richard Gillilan, Cornell Theory Center

5:00            Reception and Poster Session

Wednesday, October 8

8:30             Applying Monte Carlo Methods to the Problem
                     of Protein Titration
                          Paul Beroza, Scripps Research Institute

9:30            "Fast" Events in Protein Folding
                         William Eaton, National Institutes of Health

10:30           Exploring the Energy Landscapes of Folding Proteins
                        Peter Wolynes, University of Illinois

11:30           Adjourn