Subject: Java Full Multigrid Framework (was: Elliptic Equations)

From: Gerald Loeffler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 08:39:47 +0200

Hi!

Let me take this opportunity to announce a small (and hopefully useful)
piece of software I've written to solve  linear elliptic partial
differential equations (PDE's) on a regular finite-difference grid in
3D.

This is called the Full Multigrid (FMG) framework, because it is written
in the style of a framework in Java 1.1 and uses the FMG algorithm,
which is usually considered the most efficient general-purpose algorithm
for solving PDE's.

Documentation exists in the form of javadoc-generated HTML files and is
online at http://www.imp.univie.ac.at/Loeffler/Javadoc. There is also a
paper that will appear in the proceedings of ISCOPE97, to be held in
Dec. 1997 in California. The paper is accessible from my home-page, too,
and cites some other books (most notably the Multigrid Tutorial
published by SIAM) that I found useful when learning the FMG algorithm.

Write me an email if you are interested in this (yet fairly unproven!)
software.

	gerald

Ahmed Bouferguene wrote:
> 
> Hi all,
> 
>         Does anybody know a reference (paper, book, ...) dealing with
> elliptic partial differential equations in 3D.
> 
>         I will appreciate your help.
> 
>  Ahmed Bouferguene
> 
> -------This is added Automatically by the Software--------
> -- Original Sender Envelope Address: [email-masked]
> -- Original Sender From: Address: [email-masked]
> [email-masked]: Everybody | [email-masked]: Coordinator
> [email-masked]: HELP CHEMISTRY or HELP SEARCH | Gopher: www.ccl.net 73
> Anon. ftp: www.ccl.net   | [email-masked] -- archive search
>              Web: http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html

-- 
Gerald Loeffler
PostDoc in Theoretical Biophysics

EMail: [email-masked]
WWW:   http://www.imp.univie.ac.at/Loeffler
Phone: +43 1 79730 554
Fax:   +43 1 7987153
SMail: I.M.P. - Research Institute of Molecular Pathology
       Dr. Bohr-Gasse 7
       A-1030 Vienna
       AUSTRIA