Subject: Band Structure code

From: "Angel Martín Pendás" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 21:09:47 +0200

Dear CCLers,

           I am interested in obtaining reasonable analytical  periodic
           electron densities  of  simple metals (Li,  Ca, etc)  in
order to apply
           Bader's formalism to pure metallic crystals. However, it
seems
           quite difficult  to find any solid state physics code that
uses some
           flavor of Plane Wave  expansion.  Could anyone inform me
about
           any (freeware,  shareware, etc) code  or package meeting my
needs?

--

         \|/
        |^.^|
----OOO--\_/--OOO------------------------------------------------------
                                      | Oh, The cheapness of mindless
    Angel Martin Pendas               | calculation in modern age
    Professor of Chemistry            |
    Dpto. Quimica Fisica y Analitica. | Roger Penrose,
    Univ. de Oviedo                   | The Emperor's new mind
    33006 Oviedo. SPAIN               |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e-mail: [email-masked]
            [email-masked]
     voice: (int) 34 8 5103037
       fax: (int) 34 8 5103125
       www: http://www.uniovi.es/~quimica.fisica/qcg/amp/amp.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------