Subject: Band Structure code

From: Angel Martin Pendas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 12:12:42 +0200

Dear CCLers,

           I am interested in obtaining reasonable analytical  periodic
           electron densities  of  simple metals (Li,  Ca, etc)  in
           order to apply Bader's formalism to pure metallic crystals.
           However, it seems quite difficult  to find any solid state 
           physics code that uses some flavor of Plane Wave  expansion.
           Could anyone inform me about any (freeware,  shareware, etc)
           code  or package meeting my needs?

--

         \|/
        |^.^|
----OOO--\_/--OOO------------------------------------------------------
                                      | Oh, The cheapness of mindless
    Angel Martin Pendas               | calculation in modern age
    Professor of Chemistry            |
    Dpto. Quimica Fisica y Analitica. | Roger Penrose,
    Univ. de Oviedo                   | The Emperor's new mind
    33006 Oviedo. SPAIN               |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e-mail: [email-masked]
            [email-masked]
     voice: (int) 34 8 5103037
       fax: (int) 34 8 5103125
       www: http://www.uniovi.es/~quimica.fisica/qcg/amp/amp.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------