Subject: Call for Abstracts -- Chemical Diversity at Dallas ACS Meeting

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:51:35 -0500 (CDT)

Hello --

Dates have now been finalized for the various Symposia being organized for
the COMP Division of the ACS at the National Meeting in Dallas next Spring.

I will be organizing a 1.5-day symposium on the afternoon of March 31st and
all day on April 1st, entitled "Diverse Perspectives of Chemical Diversity."
Topics will include:
  - chemistry-space metrics (including fingerprints)
  - metric validation
  - diversity-related algorithms
  - use of diversity software for library design, pro's and con's
  - use of diversity software for other diversity-related tasks,
    pro's and con's

In keeping with recent tradition, the symposium program will be a mix of
invited and contributed papers.  If you would like to present a 30-minute
talk at this symposium, please send me an abstract AS SOON AS POSSIBLE so
that I can assemble a balanced program.  I fear that, with only 3 half-day
sessions, the program will be very crowded and I urge you to send your
abstracts as soon as possible.

Although a rough, e-mailed abstract will suffice for program-planning
purposes, please note that (according to ACS rules, not mine!) you MUST
send me 4 paper copies of a 150-word (max) abstract on the official ACS 
Abstract Form prior to October 20, 1997 (even though the meeting is not
until March/April 1998).  

I look forward to hearing from you!

  -- Bob Pearlman

Robert S. Pearlman, Ph.D
Coulter R. Sublett Regents Chair in Pharmacy and
Director, Laboratory for Molecular Graphics 
  and Theoretical Modeling
College of Pharmacy
University of Texas
Austin, Texas 78712
512-471-3383 (voice)
512-471-7474 (FAX)
[email-masked]