Subject: Internet Journal of Chemistry Announcement

From: Steven Bachrach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:17:11 -0500

Chemistry Journal to Launch on Internet

The first issue of the Internet Journal of Chemistry (IJC) will be 
published on the Internet on 1 January 1998.

Aimed at encouraging global interaction within the chemical community, 
IJC will present the latest chemical research findings alongside 
development of chemical Internet resources.

Coverage will include the latest research in all disciplines of 
chemistry; developments of Internet resources specifically for 
chemists; plus reviews of the most relevant chemistry WWW sites.  
With publication not limited to page space, IJC will also encourage 
interactive comment and debate on published papers using electronic 
resources.

Benefits for readers of IJC are multifold: 

	Publication on the Internet permits colour graphics, video 
	and animation, chemical structures and data that is not normally 
	associated with print products.  This includes interactive tools 
	enabling the readers to manipulate structures and data.

	Papers featured in IJC will be peer-reviewed and will be published 
	on the Internet as they are accepted, aiming to bring the article 
	to the reader as quickly as possible.  

	All articles will be available in HTML and the Journal will also 
	provide long-term archive retrieval opportunities, both on the 
	Internet and by alternative means, such as CD-ROM.

	First year subscriptions to IJC will be free of charge. Thereafter 
	competitive annual subscription rates will be charged.

Published by Infotrust, Ltd., IJC's Editor, Steven Bachrach comments

  "The principal aim of The Internet Journal of Chemistry is to provide
an 
electronic venue for the communication of current chemical research,
with 
enabling tools that allow for presentation of information that cannot be 
distributed in print.  In addition, IJC will encourage the development
of 
Internet resources for chemists.  This includes news of Internet
databases 
and tools; new software for handling Internet data; visualization tools
and 
the like.

  "IJC is a fully electronic Journal, committed to the electronic
medium.  
As such, IJC will feature "living documents" - an interactive service
for 
readers and contributors alike which will encourage comment.  Readers
will 
be able to customize the look-and-feel of the Journal, allowing each 
readers to view articles in an environment most suited to themselves."

For further information of IJC's scope of coverage and details on how to 
contribute, visit the IJC website at http://www.ijc.com.

For further information, contact
Steven Bachrach via email: [email-masked].
or
Department of Chemistry
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb IL 60115
USA
tel + (815) 753 6863

-- 
Steven Bachrach				
Department of Chemistry
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, Il 60115			Phone: (815)753-6863
[email-masked]			Fax:   (815)753-4802