Subject: Re:PPro vs. Pentium II

From: Son Sang-kil <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 17:22:06 +0900 (KST)

Sorry, I missed an important thing. 
In Intel machine, I used Linux Kernel 2.0.30 as OS.
I tried to calculate some examples using Gaussian94 Revision D.4.

1. #N b3p86/gen 5d freq : ClO2 calculation using 79 basis
  Pentium Pro 200MHz : 256 mins
  Pentium II  233MHz : 192 mins
  CrayT3E (DEC Alpha EV5.6 450MHz, 900MFLOPS, not parallelized) : 39 mins

2. #N b3p86/gen 5d opt=z-matrix : Cl2O calculation using 131 basis
  Pentium     133MHz : 336 mins
  Pentium Pro 200MHz : 149 mins
  Pentium II  233MHz : 130 mins
  CrayT3E (DEC Alpha EV5.6 450MHz, 900MFLOPS, not parallelized) : 56 mins

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Son, Sang-kil                   [email-masked]     \\____//
                                                               (. .) |
Quantum Chemistry Laboratory                                   | " | |
Dept. of Chemistry, KAIST, South Korea                       CC|___/CCC
                        http://cmsrisc.kaist.ac.kr/qclab/        U
-----------------------------------------------------------------------