Subject: Re: CCL:LCAO METHOD, HISTORY--SUMMARY

From: "Joerg Hill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 14:08:07 -0700

E. Lewars wrote:

> Hund (I think he is still alive, aged 101*) also
> used the method (1928).

Not anymore. He died on March 31, 1997 at the age of 101.

Joerg-R. Hill

-- 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Joerg-Ruediger Hill   | Every attempt to employ mathematical methods in the
Molecular Simulations     | study of chemical questions must be considered pro-
9685 Scranton Road        | foundly irrational  and  contrary  to the spirit of
San Diego, CA 92121-3752  | chemistry ...  If mathematical analysis should ever
USA                       | hold a prominent place in chemistry - an aberration
                          | which  is  happily  almost  impossible  -  it would
Phone (619) 546-5508      | occasion  a rapid  and  widespread  degeneration of
Fax   (619) 458-0136      | that science.
E-mail [email-masked]        |     Auguste Comte, Philosophie Positive, Paris, 1838
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The opinions expressed in this message are my personal opinions and no offical
 statements of Molecular Simulations.  For informations about Molecular Simula-
 tions products take a look at: http://www.msi.com/.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------