Subject: IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM CHARMM-BBS

From: [email-masked] (Donovan Chin)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 13:41:01 -0700

__________________T_H_E__C_H_A_R_M_M__B_B_S_______________________________

Dear all,

The charmm-bbs has been dead for some time.  The machine that ran this bbs
expired a few months ago.  The bbs probably will not continue from my old
group at Harvard (Whitesides) for obvious reasons; its not feasible to run 
charmm-bbs from here at Moldyn. 

Charmm-bbs may reappear if there are any brave soles out there.  The 
charmm-bbs requires knowledge of Unix, unix mail, and Perl.  Charmm-bbs 
is very robust:  the bbs requires very little maintenance once implemented.

I have placed what log files I have of posted messages and responses to the 
bbs over the last 5 years on ftp.photon.com/incoming (anonymous login).

The log files are:
chmbbs_jun92_to_dec92.log.gz
chmbbs_jan93_to_dec93.log.gz
chmbbs_jan94_to_dec94.log.gz
chmbbs_jan95_to_oct95.log.gz
chmbbs_jan96_to_current.log.gz

You will not be able to see these files, so you must type each name 
explicitly.

I hope at least some of you have benefited from charmm-bbs over the years.

Thanks to BB for providing some legitimacy during the initial inception 
of charmm-bbs; thanks to MK for patience and no legal actions; thanks to JL 
for providing the bbs software. 

Regards, Donovan

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Donovan N. Chin                                  (v) 617-354-3124 x21
Moldyn Inc.                                      (f) 617-491-4522
955 Massachusetts Ave., 5th Floor                (e) [email-masked]
Cambridge, MA 02139-3180
--------------------------------------------------------------------