Subject: FORTRAN compiler for Irix 6.x ?

From: Christian Klein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:10:39 -0500

Dear CCLers, 

does anybody have experience with commercial or public domain FORTRAN
compilers for the more recent Irix Versions? To my knowledge, SGI does
not provide Fortran compilers (any more), so where do I get one? F2C
does not work satisfactorily. 

We considered re-building g77 from the public domain source, but this
seems to be a rather difficult task. 

I will summarize any helpful answers. 

Greetings, Chris 

-- 
==================================================================
Christian Klein                            | email: [email-masked]
Laboratory of Molecular Modeling & Design  | voice: (312) 996-6004 
Dept. of Medicinal Chemistry M/C 781       | fax: (312) 996-7107
College of Pharmacy, UIC                   |
833 South Wood Street                      |
Chicago, IL 60612                          |
U.S.A.                                     |
==================================================================

A neutron goes into a bar and asks the bartender, "How much for a beer?"
The bartender replies, "For you, no charge."

---

From: "Peter Shenkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 16:24:31 -0400

On Sep 30, 11:10am, Christian Klein wrote:
> Subject: CCL:FORTRAN compiler for Irix 6.x ?

> ... To my knowledge, SGI does
 ...

Your knowledge is mistaken in this case. :-)  SGI supplies f77 and
f90, and in fact has just released a new set of compilers (Version 7.2)
that includes these as well as C and C++.

	-P.

-- 
******************* Jimmy Witherspoon, 1923 - 1997, RIP *******************
* Peter S. Shenkin; Chemistry, Columbia U.; 3000 Broadway, Mail Code 3153 *
** NY, NY  10027;  [email-masked];  (212)854-5143;  FAX: 678-9039 ***
*MacroModel WWW page: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/chemistry/mmod/mmod.html *