Subject: CCL: protein sequence alignment HTML representations

From: Fabien Campagne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 16:16:23 +0100

Dear all,

The following service is available for converting
MSF Multiple Sequence Alignment (MSA) to
HTML. Three methods are proposed that render
MSA as colored, possibly hyperlinked (last two) HTML pages:

 text-based HTML.
 grahical HTML (for netscape3-, xmosaic, InternetExplorer2-)
 style-sheet HTML (for netscape4+, InternetExplorer3+)

Illustrations are available from the service root page:

http://www.lctn.u-nancy.fr/viseur/services.html

The WWW conversion service uses the Viseur program
(http://www.lctn.u-nancy.fr/viseur/viseur.html )
to create the representations. People interested in
creating a lot of these  representations
are encouraged to register the program for local use.

PS: This service was proposed a few month ago
to bionet.molbio.proteins.7tms_r users, for beta
test. I'd like to thanks people who reported previous
unexpected behaviours for their collaboration.

These methods will be presented and discussed
at MGM EC-2,
ftp://www.ccl.net/pub/chemistry/info/conferencelist/mess0139.html,
next month.

Fabien Campagne -- [email-masked] | Lab. de Chimie Theorique
phone: +33 (0)3 83 91 20 00  extension 3236 | Nancy, France.
           http://www.lctn.u-nancy.fr/viseur/FC.html